Welcome to our class page!
Class News: May
We did a great job on our ELA, math, and science TCAPS, We will have our Social Studies TCAP Tuesday, May 5th.
What are we learning in May?
In ELA we will be reading one or two more stories from our reading book this month, and also reading a novel together as a class. We will also be working on cursive handwriting. There will be no more spelling tests, but there will be vocabulary quizzes.
In math we will begin preparing for 4th grade by practicing multiplying and dividing larger numbers.
Overlapping ELA and Social Studies, we will be using our reference sources and research skills to gather information about a country, complete at pizza box report about that country, and share the report with younger students at TA on May, 18th. All work for this will be done at school. If students wish to print pictures in color, etc at home and then bring them in, that is fine.
Mark your calendars!!
· Thursday, April 30 through May 8- TCAP Social Studies Field Test (Online) [Grade 3 is April 30 through May 6 and Grade 4 is May 4 through May 8]
· Friday, May 1- End of TCAP Rally at 2:30 in the Gymnasium
Thursday, May 7th- Diffendoofer Day Lunch
· Friday, May 8- STEM Day
· Monday, May 11- PTA Meeting and Kindergarten Performance
· Friday, May 15- Talent Show from 1:00 until 2:30
Monday, May 18- Pizza Box Country Presentations in the LT
· Wednesday, May 20- Senior Day Assembly at 1:30
· Wednesday, May 20- Student Council Meeting
· Thursday, May 21- Towne Criers Reading Awards at 12:30 for grades K -2 and 1:30 for grades 3 and 4
· Friday, May 22- Field Day
· Monday, May 25- Memorial Day Holiday
· Thursday, May 28- Awards Day and 4th Grade Promotion Ceremony at 9:00
Be sure to collect Box Tops and Campbell's Soup labels to support our school!