Welcome to our class page!
Week of January 26-30
It will be a busy week in 3rd grade. Hopefully the weather cooperates with us and we will be on a normal schedule all week. Here is a look at what is coming up. Please remember the special January box tops competition and send those in with your child to help our class bring in the most box tops this month for a special prize!
Reading- Story- Becoming Anything He Wants to Be Skills- Identifying Text Structures, Characteristics of Poetry
Language- Simple & Complex Sentences, Subordinating Conjunctions
Math- Fractions on a number line
Science- States of matter, mixtures, and heat
Multiplication Fact Speed Test (2 minutes)
Vocabulary & Spelling tests- Friday, January 30th
Science Ch. 6 Test- (Tentatively) Tuesday, February 3rd
Mark your calendars!!
· Monday, February 2- Towne Acres in charge of the opening activities and artwork for the February JCSB Meeting at 6:00pm
· Friday, February 6- Midterm
· Friday, February 6- 3rd Grade Music Program at 2:30, in the LT
· Monday, February 9- PTA Meeting and 3rd Grade Music Program beginning at 6:30
· Monday, February 9 through Friday, February 13- Student Council Coin collection for Niswonger Children’s Hospital
· Tuesday, February 10- Class and Group Yearbook Pictures
· Tuesday, February 10- GOTR begins spring session
· Wednesday, February 11- System-wide Spelling Bee scheduled to begin at 1:00, at LBMS
· Monday, February 16- President’s Day and No Snow Day
· Friday, February 20- Booster Club Meeting
· February 23 through February 27- TCAP Writing Exam for grades 3 and 4
· Wednesday, February 25- Student Council Meeting
· Monday, March 2 through Thursday, March 5- Science Fair (Grades 3 and 4 on Monday/Tuesday and grades K-2 on Wednesday/Thursday)
· Tuesday, March 3- ELA Benchmarks
· Wednesday, March 4- Math Benchmarks
· Friday, March 6- PTA Camp Fair from 8:30 until 11:30
· Friday, March 6- Talent Show at 1:00pm in the LT
· Monday, March 9 through Friday, March 13- Spring Break
Be sure to collect Box Tops and Campbell's Soup labels to support our school!